We wanted to help eliminate food waste, which is very common in Canada and around the world.

In order to do this, we used natural language processing to see which ingredients are the most common, and used R to analyse a database with various food expiration dates. We used a combination of languages to work on this. While much of the backend was done via Python, we did some front end work/built a prototype website via JavaScript, HTML, and CSS.

Because many of us were new to hackathons, this was definitely a difficult process! We learned a lot about front end development and data analysis, and although we only have a prototype right now, we are proud of the work we put in.

Built With

Share this project: