People should have an option to get good (nutritional) food and Foodify is there for you!
What it does
Foodify lists food by nutritional value (a composite score %). Foodify offers listings to vary by time of the day (Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner or a quick Snack). For example, fruits and juices to be consumed in preferably former part of the day.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Gathering the required data to build our database, especially the menus of various restaurants and their associated nutritional values.
- Integration of Flask and HTML with Heroku for deployment.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Entering a new domain related to health-care and providing a portable app to enable users monitor their nutritional goals on-the-go.
- We are confident that many users will find the app useful.
What we learned
- Our main goal was to build a new project and learn a new technology and hence we chose Flask for the backend.
What's next for Foodify
- Build up a larger database of menus and nutritional values.
- Build the app incrementally and provide a plethora of features as per user needs: Dine In, Drive Thru, Take Away, Delivery.