To solve students' problems around –
- Not knowing what to cook
- Not knowing what groceries to buy at a store
- Not discovering new meals to eat
- Not having the time to manually create grocery lists based on online recipes
- Sharing meals and recipes amongst friends.
What it does
- Helps discover meals that can be cooked within a specified budget (eg: $20).
- Curates recipes from online sources into a database.
- Create a 'meal list' by adding recipes you want to cook.
- Each meal list shows approximate prices for the entire meal.
- Auto-generate a grocery list that compiles saved recipes and their ingredients.
- Allows one-click sharing of recipes with friends.
How we built it
We used a Python Bottle API that communicates with a Firebase distributed database service that returns data to our front-end Ionic interface. End result was a mobile application.
Challenges we ran into
– Scaling down features for the application.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
– Finishing on time – Building an application over 24 hours!! – Fun experience
What's next for Foodie
Feedback, iteration, feedback, iteration, test, feedback, iteration, release!