What inspired FocusPets?
Losing productivity during the current pandemic.
Becoming unengaged due to being stuck at home for the majority of the day.
Just being normal university students who fall victim to procrastination daily.
What is FocusPets?
If we were, to sum up, FocusPets into 6 words, they would be:
*Study Timer + Productivity Enforcer + Engagement Driven*
The goal is to create a Pomodoro timer that rewards you with points for completing productivity sessions. With these points, you would ultimately be able to purchase new pets, increase stats, etc.
How did we build FocusPets?
The following technologies were involved in the making of FocusPets.
At the moment, our site is accessible with the following functions.
- Main Page
- Pomodoro timer
- Focus list
- Current status of virtual pet
- Current scores and number of sessions
- About Page
- Pomodoro Information
- How To Effectively Use FocusPets
- Other pages are currently still in development!
Challenges building FocusPets?
- Centering objects in CSS
- Timing constraints
- We felt that we needed more time to make a better prototype
Accomplishments we are proud of
- Building a fully functional main page with an integrated timer/task list.
- We pushed through problems one step at a time.
What we learned
- Everything doesn't work out the way we want it to the first time
- Asking for help isn't always a bad thing
- We still got a lot to learn!
What does the future hold?
- Increasing features and functionality.
- Partnering with others to expand the project.