FlushFinder is inspired by the shared experience of needing to know where the nearest bathroom is ASAP.
What it does
Our mobile app shows you the nearest available bathroom and whether they are clean, gender neutral, wheel chair accessible, and other qualities. Users are also able to pin bathrooms for others and rate their restroom experience.
How we built it
- Expo (React Native)
- Bathroom data is crowdsourced from users
Challenges we ran into
- Limited experience with React Native which is structured similarly to CSS and HTML
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Working together on our last hackathon on UCR campus <3
What we learned
- The fundamentals of app development using React Native
- Implementing Google Maps API
What's next for FlushFinder
- Improving the rating system and moderating comments
- Asking for location data to quickly center the map on the user
- Expanding our crowdsourced database of toilets (coming soon near you)
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.