We are interested in machine learning and wanted to implement Watson's Visual Recognition API to create something that would be useful.
What it does
An android app to quickly identify and pull up information from google on flowers and various other objects. Powered by IBM Watson. Made for UofTHacks V (2018).
How we built it
Built using Android Studio using Watson's Visual Recognition API.
Challenges we ran into
App crashing due to incorrect landscape mode implementation. Finding and understanding the substantial amount of documentation. The API would sometimes return inaccurate data.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Getting a better understanding of how to efficiently go about using new APIs Kept on trying to solve our problems no matter the circumstances
What we learned
A lot more experience in Java How Watson's APIs work at a high level
What's next for Fleural Network
Support for visually impared
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.