German in Comments
Flatten the curve without a lockdown!
1) Mobile app that tracks social encounters or visits of public places with QR codes ("virtual handshakes") This generates a chain(list).
2) If a user gets tested positive, the information will be updated into the app and everybody linked to the chain will get notified.
Which problems will be solved:
1) The app reduces the overall need for tests dramatically. It can display which people really need to be tested or quarantined.
2) We digitalize what has been done by pen and paper: on events, certain institutions, airplanes or public transportation there were lists in order to track down every one who was there.
3) When there was a new corona case, officials had to figure out the infection chains afterwards, which is an arduous task. With the collected social encounter chains, the infection chain is already there.
4) Relief for the authorities and the health system due to better organisation.
5) The transition phase between total shutdown/quarantine and “normal” life can be reduced. Everybody is afraid of the virus reoccurring. If everyone uses the app to track every encounter, it will be possible to react accordingly and only quarantine specific people/groups/regions instead of extending a total lockdown. Motto: “Flatten the curve without lockdown”
6) Other epidemics can be fought with the app as well.
No privacy issues
1) The user has 100% control over their data.
2) Only encounters are documented by our method and not additional personal data (e.g. movement profiles), which are not required in the context of fighting corona.
3) All positions on the current public discussion regarding data protection in tracking apps for Corona are taken into account and thus a perfect compromise can be reached.