Observation of global trends that show people are carrying less cash on their persons
What it does
- Prompts the user to "scan card"
- Using your phone's rear camera, scans the number and expiration date from your credit card or allows the user to enter their credit card number via keyboard
- Prompts the user to enter the CVV and exp. date if not previously scanned
- Prompts the user to enter the transaction amount and the currency of their payment
- Confirms the transaction with the user
- Brings the user to a "Thank You" screen
How we built it
Using the card.io library integrated into Android Studio.
Challenges we ran into
- Finding a cohesive theme
- Lack of Wi-Fi access
- Lack of prior knowledge in the use of the IDE
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Card reader successfully taking information
- Overall look of the app
- Having an app that can positively influence Jamaica by offering a product that allows for progression of small businesses.
What we learned
- Invaluable skills in Java and XML as well as the overall creation of Android apps
- The significance of this idea on the world market
What's next for Flash Pay
Continuing it's development to completion and pitching it again to prospective investors such as banks for licencing