🎮 What is FlappyBug?
FlappyBug is a Multiplayer version of the classic FlappyBird Game. Though inspired by the FlappyBird game, FlappyBug has got a magnificent interface, where the player collects the assets and on collision, it dies. Players can play alone or with any other random player. In the multiplayer version, the one who collects maximum assets win the game.
Our team had no prior experience in Game Development and was thinking of some cool ideas for the players as well as for our learning experience. All of us loved the concept of FlappyBird, but we felt that more could be done to make it fun to play, especially when it's multiplayer. We thought of bringing in essentially, a good design style and music that would draw users into an engaging world through great aesthetics and unique visuals, while also supporting the overall user experience.
🐞 What it does
FlappyBugg is a multiplayer, 2D game where the bug flies and collects the assets and on collision with obstacles, it dies.
- A smooth background music that motivates to fly more and capture more stars.
- Balancing breathtaking visuals and charming aesthetic features with seamless navigation.
- A landing page with how to play and team description.
🔨 How we built it
- For the back-end, Socket.io with Nodejs for the multiplayer connection.
- Heroku for deployment
🤔 Challenges we ran into
- All of us were new to the tech stack.
- Creating a good design that draws users into an engaging world through great aesthetics and unique visuals, while also supporting the overall user experience.
- Getting socket connections to work, collisions.
💪 Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Building a game from scratch with a completely new tech stack.
- Creating a good visually appealing interface and more than that a fun-to-play game.
- Completing the game within a short span of time.
⭐ What we learned
- Explored phaser.js and it proved to be fun.
- Socket.io with Nodejs were useful for the multiplayer connection
- A visually appealing interface is really essential to carry away the users.
- Game development design, animations, sound effects, music etc...
🎯 What's next for FlappyBug
We are waiting for feedback from the judges and everybody who visits our project. Also, we can add using polygonal collision detection for better precision instead of the bounding box (arcade) one. We can also create room codes for multiplay.