- People in low income neighborhoods don't have many tools to help them save short-term financial goals. They do not make enough money to make traditional banking work for them. They lose money to fees and do not earn on their saving accounts.
- They also lose a lot of money to Check Cashing services with predatory practices.
What it does
- Goal is a check-cashing kiosk in community spaces like barbershops, beauty salons, and bodegas. It encourages users to learn the value of savings by creating short-term financial goals with a community that they trust.
- It is a purpose-driven community savings that does not feel like banks.
How we built it
This prototype was created with:
- Sketch for UI design
- Principle to design animated and interactive user interfaces
The landing is a static HTML Bootstrap website
Challenges we ran into
- Narrowing down ideas & features
- Zeroing in on the target audience
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We created a product to motivate the un-banked and under-banked community to save money
- Our product is accessible, user-friendly, and community-based
What we learned
- We learned how to explore multiples ideas and pivot quickly
- We learned how to build a prototype with very restrained resources
What's next for Goal
The next step is to build an technical prototype using the following stack: