I was inspired by lack of accounting knowledge among African entrepreneurs to prepare credible books of accounts and hiring professional accountants is too costly for small and medium enterprises.
What it does
This software aims to bridge knowledge gap of young Africans with no accounting background to manage their enterprises by minimizing the complexity of book keeping through providing automated generation of financial statements like business journals, ledgers, Trial balance, Income statement, cashbooks, and balance sheet basing on data of the company provided through our easy to use user interface.
How I built it
This app was built using typescript reactjs, react-redux, nodejs-express and mongoDb.
Challenges I ran into
- I lacked internet data. and unstable internet connection
- Unstable power supply
- I was so exhausted because i was working alone
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Two factor authentication
- Cashbooks -Trial balance
- Income statement (Statement of financial position)
- Balance sheet
- Printable reports
- Stock management
What I learned
- I leaned a lot by turning my account knowledge into full featured software
- I learned to use GitHub actions for continuous integration. ## What's next for Finance manager
- I want to add more features like bank reconciliation payroll.
- I want to register it into company