Okay, we all love a free pizza. But seriously, those little cardboard papers are never in our pockets when we need them ! They take place, consume our planet lungs just to hang somewhere in a drawer and in the end, everybody lose.
So why not incorporating those little cardsinto the one thing everybody always carries around ? The smartphone!
What it does
Our project is first and foremost a convenience for the customers, but they also offer great advantages to small businesses:
- no more cards to print/stamp/distribute;
- quick and simple procedure to enter promotions and scan clients during the purchase;
- no need for special apparatus;
- automatic publicity through the app (discover feature);
- statistics and aggregated views of the customers, but with complete anonymisation.
Users privacy is safe, their wallet is lighter, they enjoy more free gifts... With a single app: Fidelizy.
How we built it
The main technologies were Ionic for the mobile app, VueJS for the management interface and Firebase as a link between the two (host engine and real-time databases).
Challenges we ran into
Getting through the night without napping; figuring out how other people coded wrappers around firebase simply to understand 5 hours later the that original firebase script is very easy to use and efficient.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
It's running/working ! And there is an octopus in the splashscreen (well, at least there was during most of the development).
What we learned
- Not all libs are good libs;
- Object/Array ... args !
What's next for Fidelizy
Hum... Clients and users ? Also showing stats to managers.