After seeing the capabilities of the new Microsoft cognitive services API, we thought that build an app with this technology could be a good idea and so we decided to do an App with react native that uses the emotions API exposed by Microsoft .
What it does
Allows the user to easy login into the app, take a selfie, receive score about their smile with the help of the Microsoft API and share it with the other users .
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Organize all the task we need to do as a team to finish the App
- The use of new technologies for us such as Firebase Storage
- Code organization in short time
- Combine the different APIs together
Accomplishments that we're proud of
To have a functional application that do what we intended to do in the mockups
What we learned
- Firebase Storage
- React navigation library
- Working as a team to accomplish the goal
- Combine the multiple APIs used by the project
What's next for FeelShare
- Refactor all the code
- Add security in the client & server
- Make the app offline-first
- Add unit & integration tests ( jest & appium)
- Add type checking with flow
Also We'll love to make this app multiplatform ( currently only run on iOS ) and apart from that we intent to add social features like "share on Facebook" and publish it in the different stores...