A game where the dystopian world has been taken by dinosaurs...not quite but cats, yep. Your cute feline pets, albeit different. There is only one human left which is now and now he's been captured by the army of cats. He must cross all obstacles and finally defeat the Cat Supreme to survive. Fear The Walking Cats.
How we built it
- We developed our story-line on twiner.org.
- Next we moved on to build the web app according to the flow of the story using HTML5, CSS3, Node.js and express framework.
- We also incorporated mini-games using phaser.io along the way.
Challenges we ran into
- Maintaining the flow of the game according to the various branches of the story.
- Changing the scenes of the UI as the game advances.
- It was quite a tough race against time.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We're proud of the story-line developed and the UI designed to according to the flow of the story.
- We're happy to have incorporated mini-games within our main game.
- We built our own pixel art characters.
What we learned
- We have never done anything remotely related to game dev before, therefore, we are really glad about the amount of effort that we put into this project.
- It was our first time working with phaser.io and it was a great learning experience.
- We also learnt pixel art from scratch.
What's next for Fear of the Walking Cat
- We'll diversify the story-line adding the 'Nay' arc.
- Add more levels and mini-games to reach the final destination
- Incorporate a leader-board to keep track of the user's points and other players
- Render the characters that we drew in our game