✿ ❀ Dynamic NFTs for land-based carbon emission credit with GPS coordinates ❀ ✿
Carbon emission information is siloed, non-verified and non-standardized. The goal is to reduce environmental impacts and carbon footprint, and increase progress towards global and corporate carbon emission goals while helping struggling farmers with FARMERNET.
Blockchain Social Impact Solution
- Changing the ways of old by disrupting the entire framework of how we manage our carbon emission information.
- Enables stakeholders to track, trace, match and manage their clean energy footprint while simplifying data-driven attestation of sustainability goals and mandates.
- Proof and immutability for the real world impact of carbon emission generation and consumption - allows companies to stand behind their claims of carbon reductions, sustainability, and renewable energy to prevent greenwashing using the immutable ledger to track environmental assets and liabilities.
- Farmernet’s smart contract’s logic and data trigger are viewable on the blockchain by all stakeholders, leading to transparency and independent verification of all outcomes.
- Tamperproof execution and data delivery to carbon emission, resulting in producers and consumers being able to trust that they will get the land based on accurate data metrics.
Non Fungible Tokens NFTs
Non fungible tokens: Dynamic and changes based on real world data metrics land-based carbon emission NFT on the Rinkeby Chain:
- ERC721 tokens
- Metadata provides descriptive information for a tokenId that is stored off-chain
- This will create a land NFT with 4 attributes:
- uint256 longitude coordinate;
- uint256 latitude coordinate;
- uint256 carbon sequestered per land;
- string name of land NFT;
- Each tokenId has a specific tokenURI that defines this API call, which returns a JSON object that looks something like this
- Assign tokenIds to their tokenURI, NFT marketplaces will be able to display your token -Image is using a URL that points to IPFS InterPlanetary File System -Every time the image is updated, the on-chain hash/tokenURI also has to change, meaning that we can have a record of the history of the metadata
- OpenSea NFT marketplace
How it works
- Build a verifiably dynamic land-based aerial image using Chainlink
- Assignment of statistics and resources - name and attributes from your deployed token
- Rinkeby Testnet ETH and Rinkeby Testnet LINK
- Add a tokenURI using IPFS - makes it easier to store things like images since we don't have to waste the gas of adding them on-chain.
- Store images in peer-to-peer file storage system IPFS and pin the data with Pinata for when IPFS node is down
- Deployed dynamic NFT to the OpenSea marketplace - Allows users to smoothly buy and sell NFTs, get custom stats and analytics, and earn revenue when items get traded.
- Include other protocols not just Rinksy testnet – like mainnet
- Building a user-friendly front-end for farmers to interact with with UI UX design
- Integrating with blockchain Metamask wallet payments
- Proving who owns what at what time – Solana
- Gas-efficient code - check ETH demand on the network and use Layer-2 networks - Matic
- Better encryption
- Defi payment options Aave, O(1) Labs, or Compound