Extra's Info button provides a quick overview of what each button does.
Extra's Merge Merge button can merge records from different worksheets, files, and folders.
Extra's Check button can use Sabre API and fetch information of flights available for multiple travel plans listed on a spreadsheet.
Extra's Check button leads to web outputs in Json format as shown here.
Microsoft Excel and xlam-file based Excel add-ons are now tending to offer data science, predictive analytics, and geographical information system capabilities.
For web servers, Google’s Go language is two-times better than NodeJs, which is two-times better than Python, which is two-times better than Php.
This advancement urged me to create an xlam-file based Excel add-on, which can enhance the capabilities of small travel agents.
What it does
Extra.xlam file offers Extra ribbonbar with several convenient features.
- Xampp, NodeJs, GoLang, and MongoDB buttons can download and install Xampp (Apache http server, MariaDB database, Php language interpreter, and Perl language interpreter), NodeJs web server framework, Go language & web server, and MongoDB database.
- Sabre, Google, and Instagram buttons can guide in Sabre, Google, and Instagram APIs.
- Status button can show the status of various servers. OnOff button can start or stop a server.
- Space button can show the sizes of drives, folders, and files. Merge button can merge records from different worksheets, files, and folders.
- Person, Point, and Amount buttons can prepare and open Excel files for records of passengers, travel points, and travel financials.
- Check button can make use of a Sabre API and fetch information of flights available for multiple travel plans listed on a spreadsheet. Watch and Compare buttons can monitor and compare travel options. Approve button can route a travel plan for authority’s approval.
- Book button can book a travel plan. Itinerary and Vouch buttons can get itineraries and vouchers for travel plans.
- Map button can show locations on Google map, Forecast and Alert buttons can give forecasts and alters related to upcoming travel plans.
How I built it
- Used the standard method for creating a custom UI for Excel.
- Added buttons and indicative icons.
- Added Visual Basic code.
- Used Sabre API and Json to Xls conversion for Check button.
Challenges I ran into
I dreamed up reaching the Mars, but could only reach the Moon.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
The layout presented on the ribbonbar is quite user-friendly.
What I learned
I learned the use of Sabre APIs, and Json to Xls conversion.
What's next for Extra - Excel in & for Travel
I would like to finish the coding for all the buttons.