This was our first hackathon and we wanted to build something useful and not too complex.
What it does
It gets the list of merchants from the Capital one API and divides all the expenditures of a customer based on the type of merchant.
How we built it
We build an android app using android studio.
Challenges we ran into
Far into our project we ran into an error with the Capital one API and after hours of trying to debug we came to the conclusion that there is a bug with the android sdk of the API itself.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We all learned a lot about android studio and java!
What we learned
We all learned a lot about android studio and java. We also learned about design patterns
What's next for Expenditure catagorization
We'll hopefully continue to build features for this app!