Creating this game was a homework assignment for my introduction to java class. I thoroughly enjoyed creating the game.
What it does
My game takes in the scrabble dictionary. The user inputs the length of the word they want to use an the amount of guesses allowed. Rather than choosing a certain word, the game chooses a set of words that follow the same word pattern. The game does not choose a word until it is forced to.
How I built it
I built this game primarily through the usage of collections objects. I used various sets and maps to construct objects that would hold the possible word families.
Challenges I ran into
I found the most challenging part of this assignment was to get sort words into word families.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I am proud of making the code as efficient as possible. There are no unnecessary objects or unneeded loops. In the future however, I would like the game completely by myself. Half of the project, the HangmanMain class, was given to me to make the game operate. I created the HangmanManager that mainly created the word patterns.
What I learned
I learned how to loop through a map's keys and its associated values. I also learned how to upload files to GitHub.
What's next for Evil Hangman
The next step is to make the game "more evil". I would like the game to automatically make the user lose if the amount of guesses is equal to one and make it impossible to modify internal data structures.