We made Eventiro to help people in search of friends, find genuine friends by discovering and attending events.
What it does
Using Eventiro, people can discover events happening near them and become a part of them. Our users can also host events and accept or decline requests by the users to attend the event.
How we built it
We built it by first making the backend using express.js, typescript, typeORM and CockroachDB. Then we proceeded on building the frontend using Pug(formerly jade) and then we went on to designing the Pug templates using Scss.
Challenges we ran into
- We ran into bugs regarding the acceptance and rejection of requests
- We ran into bugs regarding connecting the Pug templates to the express.js backend, which was very hard to fix, but we managed to fix it.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Completing a big project in 48 hours time
- Making a product that is useful to the society(people)
- Making a product using which people can find new friends which is a social service
What we learned
- We learnt how to collaborate