Decentralised Asset Management Platform for Ethereum
Prize Category: Atlas City: Best Decentralised App
A smart contract written in Solidity that interfaces with users, decentralised exchanges and asset managers.
Current 'modern' investment products for the average consumer have several faults:
- Long transaction times, it can take several days for funds to appear in your account once you enter a sell order in a fund.
- Fees, over time the impact of management fees take their toll.
- Not much knowledge into the reasoning behind investment allocation
What it does
This platform connects asset owners, asset managers and decentralised exchanges.
- Gives owners full control over their assets, can assign 'managers'.
- Managers are able to trade funds on decentralised exchanges
- The administrator of the DAMP is able to list any ERC20 token/exchange they like and take fees for their efforts
- Creates a hope of a new breed of asset investment strategies where almost no additional administration fees are being charged
Challenges I ran into
- Minimising gas consumption in the contract (still haven't managed to fully clear this hurdle yet)
- Integrating with the web 3.0 framework (found a lot of discrepancies between documentation, many different versions not supporting certain features across the toolchain)
What I Learnt
- How to use Solidity
- How ERC20 tokens work
- How gas consumption is calculated