The Responsible Investors
App in FusionFabric.cloud
Reporting API in FusionFabric.cloud
The team in action
Movie picture 1: Introduction and title
Movie picture 2: Alex, the B2C Retail Investor
Movie picture 3: Alygne, the AI
Movie picture 4: Diogo, the B2E Asset Manager - Finastra client
Alygne imported via API the 10 companies of a Fund
Alygned assessed a company (Carrefour) regarding three ESG dimensions: employee benefit, climat change, LGBTQ
ESG score breakdown by various sources: what the company claims vs market perception
URls and extracts of relevant articles, posts and tweets: Climate change
URls and extracts of relevant articles, posts and tweets: employees benefits
URls and extracts of relevant articles, posts and tweets: LGBTQ
The Retail Investor Interface
The investors mindset is changing, they request the need to integrate social criteria in their investments.
Financial investment funds aligned with ESG criteria have a direct and positive impact on the society and the environment.
What it does
It's a four-step story, referring to the steps (1-4) of the Architecture diagram (uploaded).
- The Fintech (Alygne) consumes an OpenAPI (GA) on FusionFabric.cloud to load the issuers (companies, assets) of a fund. The underlying Finastra product is Fusion Invest, and the persona an Asset Manager named Diogo, who wants his clients to invest in the ESG-funds of his portfolio.
- The Fintech AI is able to collect data from the www, related to ESG-criteria of a given issuer/company. Using Natural Language Processing, the AI gathers relevant press releases, social networks, tweets, and corporate announcements of the Internet. Note: the Fintech is able to split the company's self-assessments (their own communication) vs the market's perception (press, social networks).
The Fintech algorithm computes quantitative ESG scores, for each issuers (we selected 12: Carrefour, Accor, LVMH, Hermes, etc.) and for several dimensions (we selected 3: Employee-benefit, LGBT-friendliness, and Climate change).
- Using a return SPI (new interface, simulated in toolkit for this hackathon), the Finastra user retrieves the ESG score of his issuers and aggregates them at the fund level.
- The story continues in his core product (Fusion Invest), where the asset manager can increase the allocation of good companies (regards to ESG-criteria and scoring), and reduce the exposure to those that underperform. He can also share this transparency towards his own customers. We retained for this the persona Alex, who's Diogo's client, a retail investor who, as an employee, wants to invest his employee savings and retirement according to his beliefs and convictions.
How we built it
- We didn't only make a demo: we produced a movie.
- The background is a project driven by technical constrains, human skills, and hackathon judging criteria.
- We first drafted a Use Case based on persona who have an interest in ESG: a retail investor, an asset manager and an AI. Step by step, the user stories became a real scenario, and the demo transposed into a movie.
- For a very fast reactivity, we created micro-teams like the ones in charge of making a movie. The product owners and delivery managers became "the scenarists", the developers became "the CGI's", the persona became "the actors", the architects became "the post-production", and of course, heads of became "the producers".
Challenges we ran into
- Different time zones (San Francisco, Paris, London, Singapore, HK)
- Delivery under short time constraints
- Moving from a technical solution to a professional video
- Balancing the "best effort" and the total focus, when required.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Building a brand new partnership (Alygne and Invest never worked together before)
- The roles we've all played (not only the actors!)
- Everyone, each micro-teams delivered their own part. All are successful
- Beyond difference of cultures, countries, experience and skills, all converged to a single deliverable: our movie "The Responsible Investors".
What we learned
- How to build the "Story Telling" on top of innovation: the demo video transposed to a real movie
- ESG awareness, especially social criteria applied to retail and institutional investors
- "Natural Language Processing" capabilities
- How easy it is to co-innovate between Finastra and a fintech through FFDC.
What's next for The Responsible Investors
- Win the hackathon
- Enhance the hackathon scenario to a viable Use Case
- Get the support of the organization
- Release a new App