Environment is no one’s property to destroy; it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect. We continue to destroy our environment every day whether we realize it or not, from the simple use of plastic bags, to emmision of green house gases. Global warming is a huge issue that continues to happen today, as the amount of greenhouse gases that are emitted by us increases. According to ourworldindata.org over 50.000.000.000 tonnes of Carbon dioxide are emitted each year, which is a crazy amount. So, we strive to create a website that spreads information about saving the environment in a fun and interactive way.
What it does
Enviromation has a few feature such as:
- Augmented Reality endangered animals model, to increase awareness and push people to avoid the extinction of these animals
- Food ration counter, this allows you to take notes and ration foods that you have, to avoid buying too many food and increasing food waste
- Campaigns and Donations, our website also highlights how you can help some awesome organization help the environment!
- Be aware, our website also displays a lot of environmental information in a clean and easy to understand method.
How we built it
Environmation was built with:
- Next-js/react for our framework
- Tailwind for styling
- Echo AR for 3D Modeling, and much more.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
We're proud that we are able to finish a fully responsive and working website in such a limited time! We also came up with a lot of interesting feature such as using augmented reality to support awareness towards endangered animals!
What we learned
We learned the importance of teamwork, saving the environment, time management, etc! We also learned a lot of new technical skills such as implementing augmented reality, using a new framework, learning more about react components, and also using JSX!
What's next for Enviromation
We are aiming to add more interactive features, such as request to offer food waste, pick up trash, etc.