This repo is dedicated to the hackathon which was organized by FOSSASIA and UNESCO.
- One should have Python 3.6 for running this application
pip install Flask==0.12.2 requests==2.18.4We use flask and requests.
$ git clone https://github.com/abhishek71994/enviro-balance && cd enviro-balance $ python3 blockchain.py
Address the problem of tracking the footprints of the pollutant that go into making an everyday product that we use. Also, to keep track of the resources that have been used in making the commodity.
Implement a blockchain to keep track of the footprints as the product passes from one hand to another.
What it does
It keeps track of the pollutant and the resources that go into making everyday products to make people more aware of their usage.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Setting up the blockchain and getting the consensus and POW.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Getting the minimum viable project set up before the deadline and also implementing the idea that we had.
What we learned
The blockchain is an amazing tech idea which has the potential to bring about a lot of changes and should be explored more.
What's next for Enviro-Balance
- To motivate the end users as well as the manufacturers to minimize the resource exploitation by using environmentally friendly material and to create general awareness among people.
- To provide solutions to the end user on how they can contribute back to the environment in return to maintain the balance between nature and mankind.
- Have a dedicated decentralized app working based on the idea which we are trying to implement.