The goal is to build the best ride sharing experience for both passengers and taxi drivers in Marocco.
What it does
App provides the following fetures for
- create user profile
- find a current location based on gps
- specify a maximum detour distance
- make and offline routing
- accept (or not) to go with a specific driver
- accept (or not) to travel with other potential passengers
- submit an emergency incident and send it to the closests users
- add stop (starting and ending point) via map or voice input
- add a requested number of passengers
- find a closest taxi, estimate time, cost, and distance to the destination stop
- get notification if the taxi is close to your starting point and is ready to pick you up
- find the new requests closest to the current location
- find optimal order of stops based on distance, detour distance and current location
- solve stops routing task off-line
How I built it
I used ArcGIS Runtime for Android as a mapping and anylysis SDK. ArcGIS Online feature services were used to support CRUD operations as well as to provide communication messages. As a reference routing network, Open Street Map source data was used.
Challenges I ran into
There were so many.....
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
To build this app.... and getting familiar with android app development...
What I learned
Also, there was so many things, I have learnt.....but getting started with Android Studio was the most important one
What's next for En commun
I will see...