Route calculated by driver
Route estimated by passenger
Add starting point
Emergency incident detected
Profile ui for driver
Driver accepted your request
Driver is close to you.
Routing one request by driver
The goal is to build the best ride sharing experience for both passengers and taxi drivers in Marocco.
What it does
App provides the following fetures for
- create user profile
- find a current location based on gps
- specify a maximum detour distance
- make and offline routing
- accept (or not) to go with a specific driver
- accept (or not) to travel with other potential passengers
- submit an emergency incident and send it to the closests users
- add stop (starting and ending point) via map or voice input
- add a requested number of passengers
- find a closest taxi, estimate time, cost, and distance to the destination stop
- get notification if the taxi is close to your starting point and is ready to pick you up
- find the new requests closest to the current location
- find optimal order of stops based on distance, detour distance and current location
- solve stops routing task off-line
How I built it
I used ArcGIS Runtime for Android as a mapping and anylysis SDK. ArcGIS Online feature services were used to support CRUD operations as well as to provide communication messages. As a reference routing network, Open Street Map source data was used.
Challenges I ran into
There were so many.....
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
To build this app.... and getting familiar with android app development...
What I learned
Also, there was so many things, I have learnt.....but getting started with Android Studio was the most important one
What's next for En commun
I will see...