Problem Statement: After research, we found that there are a plethora of online blogs, lists, and articles with general information for mental health advocates, however, there is a lack of real life conversation models, independent practicing forums, and assessments of how well the interactions are going.
Scope: Create a website for mental health advocates who are self-motivated to educate themselves about mental health and learn appropriate language to guide meaningful conversations.
Goal: Provides a fun way to train yourself on how to support people in mental health crisis.
- Tutorial for mental health issue eduction with examples and self-test
- Tutorial for empathetic listening skills/offering support with examples and self-test
- Turtorial for self care with examples and self-test
- A self-assessing game mimicking an end-to-end conversation flow supporting someone in mental health crisis
- Result of the game with Empathy Gym certification and link to share to social media
Timeline: 24 hours
Target Screen: Website
Target Audience: Mental health advocates
Team: Dawn, Shannon, Kevin, Michelle, Raj