Mental health is a very important aspect of everyone's lives. Many people tend to ignore mental health issues due to a variety of reasons, and this eventually makes the problem worse. This inspired us to create a website, named Emoticon, which will help the user to take care of their mental health. The emoticon is a digital representation of emotions; emotions are related to mental health, which is why this is the perfect name for our website.
💻 What it does
Emoticon allows people to take care of their mental health, by providing numerous features. This website consists of a homepage, signup/sign in, therapist help, chatroom, and contact us. Users can browse through and contact professional therapists, via messaging or video call, to talk as well as receive advice and help. They can also head over to the public chatroom, where they can anonymously talk to other users as well as receive help. Moreover, if the user wants to get in touch with Emoticon or has any questions/comments, they can do so via the Contact Us page. The user has access to everything, with a click of a button.
⚙️ How we built it
- Figma: For design
- React Js: For frontend
- Coil: For web monetization
- Firebase: For user authentication
- Firestore: For Database
💲 Best Web Monetization Project
We also use Coil to create micropayments for the therapist and psychiatrist. The coil is a free, open-source, and open-source-compliant web monetization platform that allows you to monetize your website for a small fee.
🤝Best Use of DeSo
We are implementing DeSo for the public chatroom for providing end-to-end encrypted chat. DeSo is a new layer-1 blockchain built from the ground up to scale decentralized social applications to one billion users.
⛅ Best Use of Google Cloud
We are using Firebase for database and authentication. Cloud Firestore is a flexible, scalable real-time, high-performance database for mobile, web, and server development from Firebase and Google Cloud. Firebase is a free service and easy to use.
🌐 Best Domain Name from Domain.com
- The domain name we used is helpemoticon.tech.
🧠 Challenges we ran into
- Due to the difference in the time zone it was a bit difficult to collaborate with other developers in the team but we managed to get the project done in time.
- Implementation of Coil and DeSo was a bit difficult as were using them for the first time.
- Complete the project in the given time frame.
🏅 Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Implementing Coil and DeSo
- Completing the project in the given time frame.
- Using the minimalistic design, which makes the website easy to use
📖 What we learned
- How to use DeSO and Coil in the project.
- Collaboration with other developers.
🚀 What's next for Emoticon :-)
- Building a mobile app for the project.
- Adding more features (24/7 helpline, etc.)