We wanted to make energy monitoring accessible and simple and allow the user to develop greater total control over their energy consumption.
What it does
We have built a cloud-enabled meter that measures energy consumption per appliance. It allows all the
How we built it
We have built the meter using Raspberry Pi and two Arduinos. Then we built a web app using express to demonstrate the data gathered from the meter. By using the web app, users can monitor their energy consumption in real-time, pay for their energy, take advantage of our state-of-the-art energy usage optimizer.
Challenges we ran into
- Making graphs display data in real-time
- Building a secure payment system
- Building energy usage optimizer ## Accomplishments that we're proud of Everything works Building a scalable application ## What we learned Using Raspberry Pi's wifi is not very optimal for real-time stats ## What's next for Electro
- Implement machine learning into energy usage organizer
- Store payment history in a blockchain