I always try to help seniors citizens to make their life easy and reliable in some ways. For that reason I use [Eld-Bud] Name for my project. Similarly, I made an app enables the elderly to browse their smartphones and perform simple tasks such as turning on the Wi-Fi, saving a contact, making a video call, etc.
What it does
In this fast-paced world, we have forgotten that a very significant part of our society can’t keep up with the fast-moving technology. With numerous icons and buttons on a smartphone, it can become very overwhelming for the elderly. They can’t always seem to remember what to press and when, So the app enables the elderly to browse their smartphones and perform simple tasks such as turning on the WiFi, saving a contact, making a video call, etc which might seem easy to us but can prove to be quite a task the elders.
How I built it
I built with Technologies like flutter and dart to provide better content.
Challenges I ran into
- Working with packages was one of the biggest hurdles I faced because the packages used in the app are not the most commonly used ones.
- Using packages like contact picker, airplane mode checker, permission handler proved to be quite a task in the beginning. However, I managed to learn patiently and get the best out of them.
What I learned
- I learned how to work quickly with Dart, I also learned how to use packages like contact picker, airplane mode checker in a effective way.
- Handling this project with the school classes was a test of my time management skills, but it's totally worth in end.
What's next for Eld-Bud
- I would like to release web app, since it will clearly describe all the things on web page like what the app does, how to use it, where to download it and all these stuffs and at last I will give some customer support information So, if any one ran into any type of problem he/she can contact immediately.
- I will improve my UI/UX for more easy to use and better feedback
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.