A friend asked me to build an app that will study for them while they did something else. So I tried to build something that can get you some resources before you begin studying.
What it does
Eidolon scrapes random questions from StackOverflow, saves them to a MongoDB database, and then displays it on a website.
How I built it
Built with Pycharm IDE. Pycharm helped with managing virtual environments.
Challenges I ran into
- Connecting to MongoDB Atlas
- Generating Dynamic HTML content
- Connect to MongoBD from Flask
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Learned many new tools
What I learned
- Full-stack web development with python
I learned so many skills in under 24 hours! For the record, I've never built a dynamic web app before!
What's next for Eidolon
- Build a content aggregator on top of Eidolon
- Add new features like a login system.