Learners - school students, college students, or employees undergoing training - aren't able to learn effectively when they are forced to memorize vast oceans of lifeless texts.
Do we visualize what we are learning? Do we focus on the most important parts of the lessons? Do we test ourselves as and when we learn?
What it does
Effective learner makes the whole process of learning interesting and more humane. Students can
- Use it to visualize the important concepts/entities in a lesson - It's a proven fact that visual aids significantly improve retention and understanding.
- Test themselves - Automatically generate questions to test your understanding of the given lesson.
How we built it
The application is powered by Expert AI's NLP APIs. The web server is built using Django and the frontend using Bootstrap and jQuery.
Challenges we ran into
- Frontend design - still learning about UI design
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Got to learn a lot about NLP tasks
- The easy-to-use APIs made the task very easy.
What we learned
- Using AI as a service - making use of APIs to embed AI capabilities into our product
What's next for Effective learning
- Give users much more sophisticated and natural feedback.
- Ask users more descriptive type of questions and analyze them using NLP.