Rate My Campus
EECS 448 - Project 03
Rate My Campus is the best destination for college campus reviews and ratings based on student feedback.
- Install Meteor
- Download the repository
git clone https://github.com/sharynneazhar/eecs448-rate-my-campus.git
Running the app
- Install dependencies
meteor npm install
- Run the app
- Navigate to
http://localhost:3000to see the app working.
Installing NPM packages
meteor npm install --save <package name>
What is the difference between
--save-devis used to save the package for development purpose. Example: unit tests, minification.
--saveis used to save the package required for the application to run.
Installing Atmosphere packages
Atmosphere packages are packages written specifically for Meteor.
- Install an Atmosphere package, run
meteor add <package name>
- See all the packages you have installed, run
- Remove unwanted package, run
meteor remove <package name>
meteor test --once --driver-package=practicalmeteor:mocha and navigate
localhost to view the test results. For more
information on testing, click here
React & Meteor
- React with Meteor Guide - How to use React, Facebook's frontend rendering library, with Meteor.
- The Meteor Chef - The Meteor Chef teaches you how to build software with Meteor, adding a dash of dev wisdom for taste.
ECMAScript 6 (ES6)
- Luke Hoban's "ES6 Features"
- Kyle Simpson's "You don't know JS: ES6 and beyond"
- Nikolas C. Zakas "Understanding ECMAScript 6"
- React with Meteor Tutorial - Create a simple app to manage a 'to do' list and collaborate with others on those tasks.
- Beginner's Guide to MongoDB and Meteor - How MongoDB works with Meteor