I'm not a very good poet, but you know who is? Edgar Allan Poe and Sylvia Plath.
What it does
EdgarAllanPoetry tests users' ability to tell computer-generated poetry from that of the English language's best poets.
How we built it
The poetry is generated randomly in three ways:
- Poems pulled verbatim from their authors
- Poems generated using a Markov Chain on the same corpus
- Poems generated using a Long Short Term Memory Recurrent Neural Network (lstm rnn) with TensorFlow and Keras on the corpus.
The website was built on NodeJs and the color scheme changes depending on the mood of the poems using Indico.
Challenges we ran into
- Training a RNN
- Developing a corpus of large enough size
- Cleaning the corpus
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- It works!
What we learned
What's next for EdgarAllanPoetry
- Write a novel?
- Discover the lost sonnets of Shakespeare?