- ☀️Climate Change: We need to find ways to lower our carbon footprint. Food is one way to do so, but people need help finding sustainably produced food/products that also taste good.
- 👥 Surveys: Making healthy/vegan/sustainably produced products taste better so more people would want to eat foods that better our environment. And surveys are known to help increase customer satisfaction because they have a say in what needs to be implemented into the food /product/service.
- 👨👩👧👦Lines: No one likes waiting in lines. Now, with Covid-19 it's not safe to stay in populated areas for long times. And lines are usually don't abide by the 6 feet rule either.
🌱 What it does
- 🛒 Find stores/supermarkets in the area that offer delivery and/or contactless delivery.
- 🌽 Also, stores/supermarkets offer sustainably produced products.
- 🗣 Take surveys and gain points on the taste, packaging, views on these sustainably produced products to help companies make these healthy options more appealing to the world.
- 📊 Lastly, profile view. To show you your weekly grocery overview: how many items were locally produced, seasonal products, your lowest and highest carbon footprint product. It will also contain a graph with your yearly carbon footprint by month and then the current month your in with days.
📸 App ScreenShots
Welcome to EcoEats
Find Nearby Business
🔨 How we built it
- We brainstormed a problem that we wanted to solve with code.
- Designed an interactive Figma Prototype
- Decided on the MVP and coded them in SwiftUI
🤔 Challenges we ran into
- Some dependency issues and bugs from XCodes and other dependencies
- Our teammates time difference and scheduling
- Parsing JSON while learning Swift for the first time
- Styling with SwiftUI's modifiers and views
🏆 Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Creating an interactive Figma prototype and coded an app, despite the time frame & time difference.
- Creating an app that helps the climate change problem as well as increases customer satisfaction.
- Implemented Dark Mode into IOS App with SwiftUi
📚 What we learned
- Swift Language
- SwiftUI Framework
- Parsing JSON
- Wireframing with Figma
🚀 What's next for EcoEats
- Redeem points for gift cards.
- Camera feature to scan the receipt to see your Eco score of your grocery basket. Gian pro tips on how to switch out some heavy carbon footprint-ed items to be better.
- Camera feature to scan meals to see the equivalent of your meal to water, car miles, phone charges, etc. Also to show how to offset it.
- Implementing all the features on our Figma prototype to our coded app
- Challenges w/ incentives
- Community & Online forum
External Libraries Used