Customer dashboard create a ticket (barcode scanner)
dashboard tickets list
dashboard lateral menu Customer
Distributor dashboard products list
Distributor dashboard add your product (barcode scanner)
dashboard lateral menu Distributor
Customers Tickets list
Customers Create a ticket
Distributors Products list
Distributors Create products (on our database)
- Protect our cashiers
- Save lives
- Respect physical/social distancing
- Business resilience
- B2C SMEs can restart their business (when their business depend on ean/ean13 barcodes)
- Supermarket franchise can work temporary like a wholesaler under covid19 and in a way more "glocally"
- A tiny change in a process can create some virtuous bounce, rapid switch, jobs, new B2B sell, ...
The solution you are going to build ?
In crisis time: Stay at home economy
Outside of crisis time: Last mile economy
In fact, outside the coronavirus crisis, a user can register his favorite products (scan barcodes of their favorite products @ home) by creating receipts from its home and then transform them when necessary into orders. Once ordered or either it requests a home delivery (provided by the SME or the supermarket) or either it simply goes to the "stop and go drive" of the supermarket or if it is an SME it receives a "date + time" of withdrawal from the store . Now in times of covid crisis, the store or supermarket must provide the best time for a withdrawal respecting the rules of physical distance or must estimate its best customers by hour absorption rate. Quite simple, I try to build the best tiny little util for Customers and for Distributors. Outside coronavirus crisis, it's a new canal to sell and to sell more "glocally" because we connect Customers request with the products from Distributors most closest to him.
We create an application allowing to put in contact the demand for products of a consumer (from home) with the products available closest to his home. Thus, we hope for a revival or a maintenance of the local economy, also in times of crisis and whatever the type of crisis. The application helps support local merchants (when their business depends on ean / ean13 products) allowing them to survive in a crisis.
We are also building a decentralized version to allow humanitarian associations to create their own version of our application (product request/dispatch).
For the smallest local associations who would also like this type of application, we will make a "cloud" version via the eanathome.org domain because human beings live with / without address / below the poverty line, and are helped by associations who have products from supermarket distribution.
What impact will it have?
Restart the economy as soon as possible and in the best conditions
Try to building a part of the "new normal" in a 2nd phase / without pandemic situation and in parallel of the "old normal", I think maybe the two in parallel can create a lot of jobs or keep them anyway.
- Create a rapid switch for some sectors like Transports (rapid/express delivery)
- Create new jobs for a more "glocal" supermarket (delivery/prepare/manage request)
- Benefic bounce if self delivery for SME and supermarket: restart company cars sold
- Reduced big delivery platform stock of supermarket or switch on its first function: only stock
- Enhance the stop and go drive delivery of each supermarket to a more "glocal" system
- I think maybe some others benefic bounce vertue (e.g. more mobile payments system needed, ...)
Application life cycle
Goal of the application for one of our users (aka customers): We are building a Web application (PWA + ios + android) where an user will be able to scan with its smartphone the barcodes of his favorites products at home (geolocation of the request) in order to create / prepare a sales receipt (aka a ticket) via our application and the application will then dispatch the request to the small and medium-sized businesses closest to him. The user can then request a home delivery or request the best time for a withdrawal in store and under the best conditions (social distancing, ...).
Goal of the application for one of our SME & super market (aka distributors): We are building a Web application (PWA + ios + android) where a distributor (SME or supermarket) can scan via multiple smartphones the barcodes of its products sold in its store (geolocation of products) in order to create his stock of products (and possibly he can add a localization of products on his shelves, eg aisle 7, shelf 2 etc ...). It will also be able to do a mass import via csv / json files. It will then be put in contact with the request of our users. He can then deliver the orders himself or with its prefered (or its own) rapid delivery service or he can create a date and time for picking up in store in the best conditions (social distancing, his best customer absorption rate in a crisis, ...)
Problem you are solving
- How to protect our cashiers
- How to save lives and without the full lockdown of our economy
- How to respect social distancing
- How to make B2C SMEs and supermarket businesses more resilient
What are you going to build during the hackathon ?
- Followed webinar to learn a lot and build a better social networking group
- A part of the dashboard interface for Customers and Distributors to make the video live.
- Video pitch on "How it work" for the two type of users.
- The next step for me is to create a private centric API for the MVP and it is a more long process who make no change viewable on the web interface
The objective to be more resilient is to billing our Distributors and one time per month the 0.001 / per product request. Not possible for me to support alone the servers architecture.
What you're looking for
- Responsible of communication (english speaking with good French basis) (can be a developer if necessary during hackathons)
- Administrator system very good knowledge of scalability/security/deployment (Linux, Apache, nginx, load balancing, mongoDB, rabbitMQ)
- a Growth hacker Marketing/Communication/Media
- an expert in ML + image recognition to enhance the ean-scanner for small resolution smartphone / bad image capture
What it does
For the maintenance of independent merchants and their employees at work and to avoid covid-19 contagion, consider home delivery by merchants and/or his employees or use a rapid (or its own) delivery service (why we don't yet have autonomous electric vehicle "Hey Tesla ! Go take my order at this merchant (for my mom, for my friend, for me..."...) or the withdrawal but with social distancing with a time/schedule. This would allow smaller merchants and local shops and stores (who business depend of ean/ean13) to continue their activities.
How I built it
View the "Built with" @ the bottom
- end of week 3: Build the full MVP dashboard for our users (aka customers) and MVP dashboard for SME / supermarket (aka distributors) + the link between + live map + webRTC phone
- end of week 4: (learn + test mode): Enhance the ean scanner with ML + Image recognition via tensorflow (if we dont find a teammate expert in ML)
- end of week 5 + 6: (learn + test mode): Create the "cloud" version with sub-domains on the fly for more local non-profit organizations via our domain eanathome.org.
- end of week 7 + 8: (learn + test mode): Create the decentralized version for humanitarian associations
- beginning of week 4 + 5 + 6: (learn + test mode) refactor via vuejs (components + ajax?) the eanathome.com version
- beginning of week 7 + 8: (learn + test mode) refactor via vuejs (components + ajax?) the eanathome.org version
Objective of the app
- The customer can scan its ean barcode of its favorite product at home with its phone (maybe manufacturer can adapt them (removable + product name (color + size)) and advertisers can adapt their advertising to include ean13 in their advertise)
- Each demand is geolocated.
- The backend app receive the demand and treat/distribute them to some specific merchant(s) (who have the product and is nearest/most closest to the customer).
- Each merchant most closest to the customer are warned about the demand trough a live messaging system (included to the website app and to the dedicated app).
- The merchant (or each merchant concerned by the demand) send its prices automatically and request the delivery address trough the live messaging system or deliver the best scheduling in the best conditions (social distancing during covid or the best scheduling for its drive pickup).
- Mass import option for merchant.
- When a merchant scan the first time its product it was added. When the merchant has a last product in its stock or for any reason, the merchant re-scan the product and it will be deleted.
- each Merchant must manage location in its shop of their product (maybe the app can do that / to talk over)
- The web app has a "shared" page who contains all products with one image and with 3-4 #hashtag words to define each product (defined by Distributors). A button exist to add the product directly to the ticket of Customers.
- The objective is to stay very simple to use...
Restart as soon as possible the economy (based on small/medium/franchised merchants) with social distance and the use of "without contact payment" (The merchant can invest in a device for that) or store pickup with social distance (we can send a time/schedule).
In a 2nd phase after covid-19 the app can be adapted (store pickup, details products, products images, etc...) and we can also continue to use the app to support small/medium businesses/merchants/shops near you and without the use of amazon.
And if a 2nd crisis appears, the app is ready...
What's next for ean@home
- a MVP (IN PROGRESS)
- Add "Take a snap" of the product and request one image per product from Distributors (DONE).
- Share on a community page with a "Big search" and a 3-4 #hashtag words definition for each product defined by Distributors.
- a live map
- a webRTC phone to link customer to merchants
- Add for customers ticket scanner a button "save only for a next time"
- Add a distance matrix from product requested and the merchant location
- Some others ideas but not displayed here :-)
Try to become a Start-up in progress in an incubator to find more teammates / invest in people with investors.