The Arduino kit consisting of a motor, LDR, and a 100k receptor; all of which are used to operate the E-Blinds.
The prototype representing California Blinds with the use of E-Blinds
The idea for E-Blinds stems from many issues we face in our daily lives. Why can't our blinds adjust _how open they are _ coming in based on the levels of light outside?
What it does
E-Blinds use the levels of light outside to adjust the openess of the blinds. This ensures that artificial light sources are only used when necessary.
How we built it
We built the E-Blinds using an arduino, servo motor, and photo resistor. The Arduino served as a motherboard for the project, and the servo was what the conditionals were being applied to. The photo resistor is the measuring device for the light levels outside and the light values it collects is what determines how open the blinds will be.
Challenges we ran into
- The light values were not being read properly
- Circuit development errors
- The assembly of the final product was harder than expected -Unable to upload final code and code changes onto the Red Board -Had a hard time designing the prototype and allowing required movement -As beginners to the computer science world, we found it difficult to make use of the various coding interfaces
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- circuit developed -efficiency in the final product
- completion of the project
What's next for E-Blinds
- Prototype without the use of a development board (Arduino)
- Functional product that latches onto an existing set of blinds