Inspiration

Wanted to create an app and use databases. When you're sick, knowing what drugs can be taken together to best combat your sickness and minimize your heath risks.

What it does

Displays drug info to users from database.

How we built it

Android Studio, gson, NIH drug database, RxNorm API.

Challenges we ran into

json parsing, xml. Both of these were brand new to us at the start of the hackathon.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

Finishing in 24 hours with a functional app that does the basics of what we want it to do.

What we learned

Android studio, json database, implementing libraries, xml. Spliting work into a group. Two on front end and Two on back end.

What's next for Drug Compare

Dynamic Button loading from a dictionary. Limiting amount of hard coded solutions. Cleaning up user interface.

Share this project:

Updates