This project is based on the simple concept of Hide & Seek and the theme is inspired by the song "Don't Fear the Reaper!"
What it does
This game allows users to play a basic Hide & Seek game from two opposing perspectives :
Perspective 1 - The Reaper :
You are a diligent worker, just trying to do your job and get through your list of To Kills. All you need to do is chase after the TBD and harvest their soul.
Perspective 2 - TBD (To Be Deceased) :
You are a diligent worker, on your way to your job at the market. But something seems to be chasing you, something scary ...and you are not ready to go just yet.
- As the Reaper, you need to catch the TBD as fast as possible
- As the TBD you need to find the exit to the maze in the shortest possible time.
- for each millisecond you are in the game you get 10 points. In both perspectives, the lower the score, the better
How we built it
- We used the Godot game engine to build the multiple screens and transitions between them.
Challenges we ran into
- Godot was new to all three members which meant we had to spend some time getting used to the novel technology.
- Different screens were divided among different members and after a few days of work, we had to work through few issues like maintaining a constant style throughout the game and merging the multiple screens together.
- The AI path required for the reaper (when user plays as TBD) proved to be tricky.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- This sprint allowed us to learn something that is new to each one of us. In the end, we were successfully able to implement our vision and build a game.
- One of the tougher parts of the project was collaboration. Integrating work from multiple people is no easy feat and hence we are proud of having collaborated on this project.
What we learned
- None of us had delved in Gaming before this sprint. Therefore, we gained experience in something we hadn't tried before and have also come to appreciate the effort and planning that goes into game development.
What's next for Don't Fear the Reaper !
- Add more levels to both the perspectives of the game