AthenaHacks - DiversiTea
By Samantha Stone and Yasmine Nassar
Welcome to DiversiTea! Because we can never know what it's like to experience something with different identities than the ones we hold, we created a space for people to share and read stories from people who identify differently than we do. It's also a great tool to teach people what intersectionality is and demonstrate how many identities can affect a given experience.
Here's how it works:
- Post an experience you've had, and tag the identities you hold OR
- Search for stories of people with the identities you select (and explore different intersectionalities!)
Why is it called DiversiTea?
'Tea' is a common word thrown around amongst the youth nowadays, and it typically means 'truth' or 'gossip'. We want to "spill the tea" about what people face in their real, diverse lives.
How to Run It
- Click the link here
- Create an account if you haven't already, or sign in to an existing account.
- Scroll through your timeline to view all stories submitted (of all tags).
- Click tags to see stories within that specific category.
- Click the search bar to search for a subset of tags.
- Create your own post by clicking 'Write Post'. Don't forget to tag your identities!