1.52 billion students around the globe have stopped learning during the covid-19 pandemic because of the school closures.
Due to the lack of digital skills amongst teachers, only a few of them decide to reach their students, and they use tools from Learning Management Systems to WhatsApp or Facebook groups, depending on their skills.
Teachers with low digital skills find it hard to use these tools and they stop trying.
Children aged 6-10 who are in elementary schools barely know how to read (or don't know at all) and they can use these tools only with the help of an adult.
This leaves out children who:
- don't have teachers who are able to or want to use technology
- don't have adults who are able to help them
- can't read or speak English
- can't read or speak at all (e.g. are hearing impaired)
- have reading disorders (e.g. dyslexia)
- have intellectual disabilities
- live in orphanages
- don't have an email address
What it does
A mobile app that can be used by students to continue learning from home. Teachers will have a very easy tool to send young students lessons and assignments.
How I built it
Not built yet.
Looking forward to all below!
Challenges I ran into
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
What I learned
What's next for Distance Learning Mobile App for Kids aged 6-10
Building a prototype and offer it free to teachers and kids anywhere in the world.