Back in 2016, an earthquake hit my country. During that time many roads got destroyed and many people did not get assistance on time. What if authorities or anyone could construct temporary roads with just their phones? What if we could get a distress signal from someone close and help them before it's too late?
What it does
- Allows users to trace alternative VIRTUAL ROUTES. This route can include warnings, notes, anything that can help first responders and anyone really.
- Allows users to see nearby SOS signal.
- Allows users to send an SOS signal for others to see.
How I built it
- Used ARKit to trace paths.
- Used MapKit to see SOS signals and send SOS signal.
Challenges I ran into
I was having trouble displaying location of other users. Also had trouble displaying my own location and updating annotations.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Able to trace a path of virtual crumbs for anyone to see.
- Able to see a note left in the path when is inside the camera view.
What I learned
- Learned how to work with mapping data.
- Learned the fundamentals of augmented reality app development.
What's next for disast-ar-relief
- Share paths with other users by uploading to a database.
- Add a mesh network, so the app can be used without internet connection.