All the group members grew up in the early 2000s, and a big part was Tamagotchis. We wanted to recreate this memorable toy to be usable in the virtual setting.

What it does

Just like the tamagotchis of the past, but with a bit of a twist. Instead of 3 buttons to navigate around, we have simplified the UI so that users know what tasks they are doing and the stats of their pet.

How I built it

We used a whole python framework, with tkinder as the GUI.

Challenges I ran into

A lot of the challenges came from getting the UI to space out problems properly. Another issue that we ran into was making sure that the UI would update if a value got changed. Additionally we ran into how to connect to programs over a wifi network vs on a local computer.

Accomplishments that I'm proud of

We are proud that we are able have a python GUI and to be able to connect the

What I learned

We learned more about tkinder and about how python interacts with it.

What's next for Dino nuggies

We want to fully commit to implementing our connection feature so that players from anywhere can connect to anyone.

Built With

Share this project: