We were inspired by common problems that are happening to most students during this global pandemic
What it does
The website essentially gives the user a 25-minute timer and plays calming music in the background with inspirational quotes to fuel their motivation.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- We had problems with our animated gradient because a solid line of color would rise and fall with the animation of the gradient.
- Furthermore, once we got our button to work, the action would stop abruptly.
- Formatting of the button also caused issues due to its height and flex
- The timer would continue past zero into negative numbers
- The music that was linked to the play/pause music would not stop when 'pause' was pressed
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- The troubleshooting experience
- Fixing our gradient problem
- Making our play/pause buttons function correctly
What we learned
- Understanding how to troubleshoot
- Collaborative IDEs
What's next for TakeABreak
- Implementation of motivation videos
- Allowing the user to change the timer
- Timer end beep