This HackMIT, I wanted to make something that gamifies diagnosis and at the same time is affordable to all classes of people, from all walks of life. Introducing diagno-vania!
- Most of us don’t have the time or money to take weekly check-up.
- Besides, diagnosis is frightening & can be unpleasant.
- Also there’s some stigma attached to the whole process. Especially in the field of mental health.
- Some of us are even afraid of being diagnosed which is why we ignore the warning signs of our body until it’s too late…. ## The Solution
- Diagnovania is an IoT game that gamifies diagnosis and can detect all three categories of diseases:
- Physical illness
- Deficiency disease
- Mental illness ### Three tiers of diagno-vania Coming up with an IoT solution is a challenge in itself but customizing your solution for people with different budget levels is an entirely different matter. Diagno-vania has 3 tiers for 3 different budget levels:
- Tier 1
- For people who don't have access to any IoT devices or computers but have access to mobile phones.
- The base game can detect Parkinson's disease and your mental health depending upon your in-game choices.
- Tier 2
- For people who have access to at least 1 IoT device.
- They can get a more accurate measure of hand vibration using flex sensors and can determine the external vibration as well as the internal vibrations.
- Tier 3
- For educational institutions, hospitals, wellness centers etc.
- They can detect the mental state of a patient with considerable accuracy.
Diagno-vania comprises of...
- A game made using UE4 from which data is collected
- An IoT hand glove which collects flex, pulse & temp. data
- Arduino collects data and sends it to the background Python code
- Python code saves data to csv file & perform data analysis on it.
- In-game data visualization hub for researchers
Detection of Parkinson's
- The deviation from normal click behavior is calculated using flex sensor.
- The frequency of this is plotted and measures the extent to which a person has been affected.
Detection of Mental Health
- Along with the gameplay choices, the pulse and temp. are also measured and deviations from normal behavior is visualized. This data can then be used to calculate scores depending on the metric used.
Detection of Child Abuse
- A person need a safe environment to disclose if he/she has endured abuse. Providing this is not always feasible especially in classes of 30-40 kids. How do we detect signs of abuse before it's too late?
- The sudden change in pulse & temperature while certain trigger words that are linked to trauma are used in the subtitles and dialogue can help us detect if the player has suffered from child abuse.