- traffic is terrible!
What it does
devmaps is an interactive traffic app for drivers and developers alike. We provide drivers with ideal directions based on historically gathered data and real-time driving conditions. devmaps lets you plan trips in advanced or on the spot! All of the data we used is available to developers.
How I built it
client side: used bubble to draft a design server side: created server using java that listened for request from website, received and parse data, determine validity of the data, sent data to google's distance matrix api, then stores eta returned from api, assembles data, returns data to client
Challenges I ran into
- implementing the backend with front-end; integrating server created with bubble interface.
- determining protocols to use for communication of client and server
- acquiring data
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Karla's first time at a hackathon. YAY!
- first time using google's distance matrix
What I learned
- learned to use google's distance matrix
- planning integration of front end and back end
- easy to use front end development with bubble.is
What's next for devmaps
- develop a more complex algorithm to process data beyond just using google's api to acquire information
- returning more detailed information to the user
- design a easy accesible and user friendly restful api
- better user interface
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.