Suicide has become a major public health problem in Pakistan. Mental illness is rarely mentioned. Lack of resources, poorly established primary and mental health services and weak political processes make suicide prevention a formidable challenge in Pakistan.
What it does
- Provide Help and support
- Spread awareness and education
- Build a support community
- Create usable data and demographics
How we built it
- We used Figma for prototyping and spent a lot of time on ideation and conceptualizing the solution.
- We built the prototype by having many discussions with different mentors and other participants of this event. We consulted a doctor as well, to better understand how to teach our AI.
Challenges we ran into
- Design Problems (Color Selection to sooth user)
- Whether to tell people if they're talking to a AI bot or not
- Understanding the severity of mental illness
- How to help people without letting them know
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- To reach a point where we can decide how to help the troubled person.
- Better user experience
- Understanding the feelings of a troubled person
What's next for development
We are done with the initial prototyping. Now we will focus on building the AI part of the project.