As developers we all value productivity and efficiency so DevAssist comes in as a solution to allow developers to deliver better results through key features which our application provides.
What it does
DevAssist helps developers to increase their productivity while programming and development. It is a portal that provides different tools to the developers which can help significantly in easing their work and increasing efficiency too.
- StackOverflow Automatic Error Checking
- Code Boilerplate Generator
- Website Blocking extension
- Screen time extension
- Developers Group Chat
- Battery Reminder
How we built it
- Implemented Scripts and APIs such as StackOverflow and chrome APIs.
- Built the backend using Python and Flask.
- Deployed using Heroku.
- Sponsor Tools used: Twilio and .tech domain.
- Used Socket.io for the chat feature.
- Used React, Flask, Django, Express, Mongo db and Docker for the boilerplate generator feature.
Challenges we ran into
- Deploying the application on Heroku.
- Dockerizing the boilerplates.
- Registering the .tech domain.
- Timezone conflicts.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Implementing a lot of features within a short time frame.
- Implementing a user-friendly and responsive UI for the frontend.
- Adding unit tests.
What we learned
- How to build and unit test chrome extensions
- Git Version Control and Team Collaboration.
- Application Deployment on Heroku
- How to use .tech domain
- How to implement third-party APIs such as Twilio, StackOverflow and Chrome APIs.
What's next for DevAssist
- Adding more features that could help developers boost their productivity.
- Winning the Hackathon :)