Democracy is our current politic system and the idea of digitalize and improve the concept of democracy in a blockchain is inspiring. That's why i decided to build an app similar to Polkassembly to make governance closer to the moonbeam community.
What it does
This app allows to check old and new
- Technical Comitte proposals
- Treasury proposals
- Council proposals
In the following Networks: Moonbeam, Moonriver, Moonbase Alpha
The app has the following features:
- Second proposals
- Vote for referenda
- Clear democracy locks
- Create discussions
- Post comments on discussions
- Set a description for each proposal or referendum
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Information dispersion: one of the biggest challenges i had to face is the dispersion of the information needed for the application, for some data i need to use subscan, for other kind of data i need to use polkadotjs api and for user accounts i need to use evm api. Would have been great to have onchain information available from the evm precompiles.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
I am proud to have managed to imitate polkassembly in just one month, although with a little more time I could have made a better application than the one mentioned
What we learned
What's next for Demooncracy
- Historic info for account.
- Charts by voter.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.