- Bored of the usual “Off-the-shelf” designs, we wanted to enable users to create unique T-Shirts with custom prints and unique style.
- Empower the user to express his creativity every day.
What it does
- Our application generates personalized T-Shirt styles with the help of Machine Learning and the Cloud. The user picks the content image and a particular style image. Both images are merged into a unique style, which is then printed on a T-Shirt.
How we built it
- Our application is separated into two main components: The Frontend and a Compute Instance for machine learning.
- The frontend is dynamic web application built with React and Twitter Bootstrap to enable an interactive user interface. For the deployment of this component we use Docker.
- In the machine learning component a Tensorflow model is running on a GPU instance from Google Compute Engine.
- As a data store and database we rely on Firebase.
- To create the individual T-Shirt we use the Mockup Generator from Printful.
- To support the image selection process we use the Flickr Api, such that the user can search images.
Challenges we ran into
- Setting up the whole pipeline, making it as intuitive as possible for the user.
- Setting up Google Cloud Engine to run Tensorflow models.
- Creating HTTPs certificates.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Built an entire web application from scratch in a constrained time.
- Distributed the architecture across multiple servers, integrating a powerful GPU Machine from Google Cloud.
- Provided a pleasant user experience for selecting images and seeing the results.
What we learned
- Style Transfer.
- Firebase Storage and Authentication.
What's next for Deep Shirt
- Allow the users to purchase the newly created T-Shirts.
- Integrate a rating system to rank the best T-Shirts on the home page.