Decentralized Film production
DeCinema stands for decentralized cinema, It’s a blockchain-based dapp that aids directors/filmmakers to raise funds for their movie and allows each and every individual to be a producer.
Basic Work Flow
- Director/Filmmaker requests for funds for production in DCN token(Decinema token).
- Decinema has a small dex like feature that swaps ETH to DCN and vice-versa.
- The script, poster data is stored in interplanetary file system (IPFS).
- Director/filmmaker raises funds with a fixed amount of interest to be paid back to the contributors.
- Each and every contributor is termed as producer(share holder to the film).
- After the total box earnings from the film, The filmmaker does return the fund with a fixed interest of amount set.
- The repaid funds are then distributed amongst each shareHolder(contributors) with the amount of interest earned on the basis of his/her amount of share.
Retrived Data From IPFS and Blockchain
Contribute To Film
Challenges we faced
- We were initially trying to store a large set of data like script into the blockchain, which was very expensive in terms of gas.
- We were able to solve it via IPFS.
- IPFS on local node works fine, but we intended the project to be easily available publicly so we used infura's ipfs solution.
- We made sure to keep the dapp as much as decentralized as possible, so we made a payout function that the filmmaker triggers to payout the loaned fund with interest.
- We had mic issues so we used text to audio convertor for videos.
What we learned
Introduction Video https://youtu.be/bd0wBgLmhDI This is the explanatory video regarding the overall project scope moto etc. Working prototype https://youtu.be/rPzccFhjGyA This is the video shows step by step work flow.
Steps to test
1) Connect Metamask Name: Kovan Testnet 2) Create .env file add metamask's PRIVATE_KEY, KOVAN_URL 3) git clone https://github.com/ya98/decentralized-cinema 4) yarn 5) yarn start
Sagar - +917756885345