Dash has developed a connected car platform that provides consumers with smart insights into their driving, thereby incentivizing safer, greener driving, as well as reducing costs. We leverage vehicle data to track, analyze and improve driving, in order to make the roads smarter, safer, greener and more affordable. Dash gathers the data to track engine and driver performance in real time on your phone. The Dash algorithm monitors the safety and efficiency of your driving and the performance of your car in order to cut emissions, increase MPGs to save money for the consumer while contributing to energy sustainability.
Many drivers don’t realize how their inefficient driving contributes to bad gas mileage and poor emissions. There are many factors that contribute to poor fuel performance. Aggressive driving alone (speeding, rapid acceleration and braking) can lower your gas mileage by 33 percent. Other factors such as weather, route taken, etc. can all contribute to poor fuel efficiency and Dash provides a solution to this problem by giving our customers the tools they need in order to be more efficient drivers which not only saves them money but will make our roads greener.
Basic features of the product include:
- Onboarding wizard
- Map view
- Usage over time and trip log
- Feedback on driving style
- Distance traveled
- Rapid Acceleration
- Vehicle diagnostics
- Push notifications and auditory feedback
- Metrics around idling, eco-efficiency, reckless or distracted driving
- Social/gamification elements including Facebook authentication, Dash score (driver quality metric), social sharing and media creation, Tagging (friend, location, data), Leaderboard and badges